I thought that after two weeks of school holidays, that right now my kids would be well rested, happy, recharged and emotionally stable... boy was I WRONG! There have been more tears, more bickering and more attitude in the last two weeks than ever before - from BOTH of them - whats going on??
From talking to other mums, its not just my lot. But for the record, I'm talking:
- Eye rolling when I ask a simple question
- Emotional because the weather has cooled down and I didn't dig out their winter PJ's yet
- Warning them that ipad time is almost over, and then tears when the time is up
- Attitude and grumpiness when asked to help out with basic household chores
- Bickering and fighting whenever they are in each other's company
- Bursting into tears over the slightest little thing
- Talking back
Is it a full moon? Is there something in the water??
Are your kids going through this too? Whats going on??!!
A cake smash is such a fun way to celebrate turning one! Little Gabriel came to the studio recently for his Mickey Mouse themed portrait session - and boy did we have some fun! You can see from these images just how much of a great time we all had - the laughter was contagious and Gabriel and his big sister Aria had a ball tucking into that beautiful Mickey Mouse cake! Mum and dad joined in the fun too, everyone loves cake, right?
We then headed outside for a bathtub clean up - bubbles galore and Gabriel loved splashing the water and suds...
Thanks Jasmine and Rhys for asking me to share this fun day with you!
Hilary Hudson Photography. Natural Light Newborn and Families Photographer based in Tamborine, QLD. Australia.